Saturday, January 25, 2014

the day i said I DO

My spontaneous, brief, no-need-for-much-preparation but romantic weddding

I DO.

big word..

wedding in your mind might be:
#stressful
#longpreparation
#expensive
#guestlist
#reception
#weddingdate
#weddingring
#etc

mine was brief, spontaneous but romantic.

before 2013 ends, my ex-boyfriend asked me every (okay, not every) woman wants to hear from their partner, to marry him (now, thats sweet). since we're not in the same religion, we opted for a civil wedding.

so mid december, i inquired at manila city hall. since im in a hurry to get to work, i asked at the information desk once i arrived where i can inquire for a civil wedding and he asked somebody to accompany me. he then guide me to one of the office in the city hall and there i met a wedding coordinator. oh my! what am i doing here?!

it was short. just merely 30 minutes the coordinator discussed everything i need to know. he just asked me a copy of our valid id, birth certificate, and a wedding date. and he will process all our documents. wow (as in BIG WOW!) , that was so fast! of course since it was an "express" wedding i need to pay for my convenience. i need to pay 3k plus 500 since we chose to wed on the December 31st which is our anniversary (if i have to pay, i need to get something that will benefit me as well). hassle free,  i dont need to take a leave for processing of requirements and i got to chose my wedding date. he asked me for a down payment and no need for follow up meeting, we just need to show on the wedding date we chosen. thats it! thats it?

i just wanted to inquire for the process and requirements but when i left Manila city hall, in just two weeks, ill be kissing my freedom goodbye.

fast forward... 

we were ready,
the dress
the reception
the guests
the ring
and ourselves.

on the morning of 31st we were too nervous thinking what if the judge wont show up. fortunately the judge was there, on time. 

it was an intimate wedding ceremony with our family and few of his relatives. though i wanted to invite some of my closest friend, i was too conscious that the judge wont show up, it was a scam, blah, blah, blah (one downfall of an express wedding).

and my ex-boyfriend is my hubby now.

the end (of my single-ness).




------------
12.31.2013
the day i said I DO




No comments:

Post a Comment